Hyundai DHY18COM-1 Diesel Generator
The DHY18COM-1 is a powerful single-phase diesel generator from Hyundai. Ideal for providing your home or business with reliable prime power or backup power when the national grid lets you down, this high-quality diesel genset is able to produce up to 22kVA.
Producing Up To 22kVA
Powered by the 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, water-cooled Hyundai 4DW91-29D diesel engine, the DHY18COM-1 is able to produce up to 22kVA / 18kW backup power and 20kVA / 16kW prime power.
Fitted With AVR Alternator
Equipped with an AVR alternator, the DHY18COM-1 single-phase generator is suitable for powering sensitive electronic equipment in your home or business, such as televisions, games consoles, computers, laptops, and more.
Compact Diesel Generator
This impressive and powerful diesel generator is considerably smaller than other water-cooled 1500rpm 18kW sets, perfect if you’re short on space but still want the benefits of prime power or the peace of mind of backup power. Although compact in size, the DHY18COM-1 will give you a huge 18kW of backup power and 16kW of prime power whilst taking up minimal space in your home or business premises.
1500rpm diesel generators are ideal for static installation for daily prime power, as well as for regular standby generator/backup generator use.
1500rpm generators have slower running, water-cooled engines which are less stressed than 3000rpm generators, which make them the best option if you’re going to use your generator as your main power source and will also prolong its lifespan.
For ultimate convenience, the DHY18COM-1 can be paired with an ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) system which will automatically turn on the generator when a loss of power to the property is detected. When power returns from the mains, the ATS module will then safely turn your generator off.
This is ideal for those who need to guarantee constant power – for example, if you run servers or have refrigeration units.
Quality DSE Control Panel
The DHY18COM-1 is fitted with a high-quality Deep Sea Electronics DSE6120 MKIII control panel that has a large LCD screen to display generator information in a clear and concise format.
The control panel is packed with safety features to protect your slow-running diesel genset, and is compatible with ATS / auto-start / MTS / manual changeover switches.
It also has remote start capability, an easily accessible emergency stop button, a voltage and frequency regulator, as well as alerts for:
- Low oil pressure – which can lead to a lack of lubrication and engine damage
- High water temperature – which could be a sign that the radiator airflow is blocked or water level is low
- High or low voltage – which could signify a problem with the alternator, AVR, or degrading electrical connections and lead to your equipment being damaged
- High or low frequency or engine over/underspeed – which could signify an issue with the fuel regulation/governor and leads to unstable frequency output
Hyundai Diesel Generator
Diesel generators are ideal for backup applications as sometimes petrol can go stale and prevent a generator working. Our diesel generators also run happily on budget-friendly red diesel, without voiding the warranty and making it cost-effective to refuel.
Generator kVA Ratings
All of our single-phase generators have a kVA rating that is higher than the kW. This is because we have assumed the appliances you are going to power have a load factor/power factor of 0.8 – therefore the ‘assumed’ kVA rating of the load would be higher. This is industry standard and it is usually best to scope the right unit based on the kW.
Kerbside delivery is included in the price. However, please note that a forklift will be required for unloading.
Peace Of Mind
This 22kVA diesel generator comes with a 2 year Hyundai warranty with full UK parts and service backup for added peace of mind. Read our warranty terms here.
- Compact single-phase diesel generator: Produces up to 22kVA of power
- Powered by a 1500rpm engine: Extends the lifespan of the generator
- Fitted with an AVR alternator: Able to produce a clean energy output
- ATS compatible: Automatically transfers power to the generator in the event of a power cut
- Deep Sea Electronics DSE6120 control panel: Allows you to easily monitor your generator
- Peace of mind: 12 month Hyundai warranty